We are seeking an experienced Credit Underwriter with Asset Finance experience, making accurate credit assessments of commercial propositions in the Technology sector is key to the business model.
You will be expected to assess all new underwriting opportunities brought into the business unit from the external sales team or from repeat customers' requests - proposing applications to the Lessor panel and the subsequent flow of that proposal through to pay-out. (Deal documentation/invoicing and the payout is handled by your Admin team colleagues).
It requires the applicant to research, verify, assess, write up credit proposal and recommend leasing solutions and lending applications to our partner Lessors / Banks - as and when they are presented to the business in a timely manner.
As an industry professional, this should be standard to you, whilst also complying with all regulatory requirements.
You will be part of experienced and successful credit and Administration team.
- We are seeking an experienced asset finance Credit Underwriter in the small to medium ticket deal size area with expertise in the SME and ideally within the Technology asset sectors.
- The ideal candidate will already be in Asset Finance with 3+ years leasing or lending experience.
- You may or may not have a current mandate. More important is your personality and the ability to make sound judgments in a timely manner.
- Key requirement is a strong ability to multi-task and be highly flexible in terms of working practices.
- Typically you will handle 20-30 live opportunities at any one time and be able to "spin these plates" is key.
- Along with strong analytical and verbal and written skills are required.
- Solid credit experience within the Asset Finance industry.
- Assisting the sales team with quotations and proposal writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and Lessors.
- Ability to make accurate credit assessments in a timely manner - sometimes in a matter of minutes.
- Excellent report writer and communicator with strong MS Word and at least Intermediate Excel skills if not Advanced level skills are a requirement.
- Self-motivated, highly organised and accountable and results orientated individual.
- A team player who actively seeks opportunities to collaborate across multiple disciplines.
- Understanding of commercial lending, ideally Asset Finance.
- Previous experience of reviewing and then implementing change to improve systems and procedures.
- Proven experience of the regulatory environment and requirements.
- Generating monthly KPI's and preparing detailed reports internally.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please call Julie Ramsay on 01279 713900.